We are excited to introduce our Fall & Winter programming for this upcoming fall & winter season. We have created what we feel is the best development program in the area – providing players with varied training options, the ability to train on their schedule with a choice of 5 nights per week, receive highly personalized instruction from top full time coaches including MLL/NLL player Martin Bowes, and compete in weekly box lacrosse practices, games, and to compete in highly competitive box tournaments against teams from the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
* If selected from tryouts, players will be offered a spot designated as “Black” (full roster for competition team), “Silver” (alternate roster spot, tournaments a la carte based on availability), or “White (practice only).
- 14 sessions – Team Skills on Mondays @ COMPETE LACROSSE ACADEMY Norwood w/ Martin Bowes & staff. from Mid-November until the end of March.
- 6 sessions – Technical development on choice of Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursday. @ COMPETE LACROSSE ACADEMY Norwood w/ Martin Bowes & staff.
** Players may also elect to add additional private skill sessions by signing up an extra Fall or Winter session, and/or participating every week. Players could elect to do 6 sessions (included), or 12, 18, 24, etc.
- 10 box lacrosse practices / scrimmages – Saturday late afternoon/evening @ Forekicks Taunton from mid-Nov until mid-Feb.
ALL PLAYERS LOOKING TO PARTICIPATE THIS WINTER SHOULD ATTEND TRYOUTS (click here for details & signup)
Cost / Options:
$850 all inclusive training, box tournaments are a separate fee.
** $250 deposit required, may be paid in 4 installments
$550 Choice of Monday ~or~ Saturday session (no mixing), plus 6 week Semi-private session
* Box tournaments priced individually based on event. (estimate ~ $150/event)
** To be considered for Box team tournament; players must participate in Saturday box sessions.
Click to view our coaches
TEAM SKILLS & IQ:
Weekly group skills sessions for Buzzard Players to get high reps working on both individual skills, team concepts and game IQ.
14 sessions on Monday nights @ COMPETE Lacrosse Academy
Nov 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 17, Jan 7, 14, 21, 28, Feb 4, 11, Mar 11, 18, 25
TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT (Semi-Private lessons w/ Martin Bowes)
Small group training (5-6 players) working on mechanics of intensive individual skill development; shooting, dodging, footwork, defense.
6 sessions on choice of Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday nights (every other week) @ COMPETE Lacrosse Academy (5-6 players per group)
* Players will have the option of choosing time in either the fall or winter. Sessions will meet every other week. Players who want to attend every week or do both sessions will have options for additional fee of $150 for 6 week session.
FALL SESSION – September 26 to December 12
WINTER SESSIONS – Track 1: January 2 to March 20 ~or~ Track 2:January 9 to March 27
WINTER BOX TEAM PRACTICE
These will be weekly practice (1 hour to 1:20 min) and scrimmage sessions in the box at Forekicks on Saturday night between 4-8 PM. Sessions will be approx. half training/team practice and half scrimmage.
10 sessions on Saturday nights @ Taunton Forekicks
November 10, 17, December 1, 8, 15, 29*(tentative), January 12, 19, 26, February 2
WINTER BOX TOURNAMENTS
* We plan to play 1 of these 3 major winter box events, final tournament selection will be finalized after evals and after NLL schedule is out. We are hoping to align a trip to Philadelphia with a WINGS game.
NORTHEAST REGIONAL, Philadelphia – December 28, 29 (2 day event)
CAPITAL BOX CLASSIC, Washington, DC – Jan. 20-21 – MLK Weekend
PHILADELPHIA INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS, February 16,17?
* We plan to do 2 of these local box events, if we have enough interest events can be added on a la carte basis
Thanksgiving Cup, Northampton, MA
Santa Shootout, Taunton (either Dec 15,16)
Pioneer Valley Shootout, Jan 5,6
Superbowl (Glastonbury, CT), Superbowl Saturday